Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"That will take all week!"



So Daddy just couldn't resist getting Jackson a new bike. And as I am the bad guy in the whole situation, I couldn't really say no. He has done so well on it! I am really impressed. He really likes to show me that he can use his brakes at any moment. He will pedal in a million circles in our living room ( wood floors ) and never get bored. Or dizzy.

But Jackson had to put his bike up for the rest of the day this afternoon. We have a line in the driveway that he cannot cross. The first time he did I gave him a warning and told him one more time and he has to get off and put it away. Well, of course he just had to see if I was serious. I was. So later in the evening, after dinner, I asked him if he wanted to go on a walk with me.

"Can I ride my bike?" he asked.
"No, you didn't listen earlier and that's not a choice anymore." I said trying to sound stern.
"We can take a walk using our feet, Jackson."
"But that will take all week!!" he moaned.

I find myself trying to hide my laughter these days. I can't let him know just how cute he is!

2 comments:

April said...

Wow! Look at Jackson go! He looks like a natural on that bike! I showed Ty and he said "Jackson on bike"... "I want bike." Uh oh, I'm in trouble! Have a great rest of the week.

Cathy Wilson said...

Typical boy, just had to do it one more time, but of course, it is almost like a dare, his aunt Cathy would probably do the same thing. that walking is sure slow when you have a bike. But thank God you have boundries, his safety is first, fun second. I love your blog I can always log on and get a chuckle. Love Aunt Cathy